[Tap Project] Lucy Liu’s video report from Ivory Coast

UNICEF Ambassador just returned from Ivory Coast and put together the following video report — check it out!

UNICEF Ambassador Lucy Liu just returned from Ivory Coast and put together the following video report — check it out!

Have you dined at a Tap-participating restaurant yet this week?

1. Gauatm Chaudhury
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 11:41 am | Permalink

I am intersted to join.pl reply,
    gauatm Chaudhury
    babuni47@yahoo.com

2. Rehema Bah
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 2:30 pm | Permalink

thank you for doing this video. i will pass it on to others. i would like to work with unicef.

3. Amitoj
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

i really wanna help…dunno how can make my contribution…m not in the Us and dunno if any restraunt in my country ie India is following this Tap project….
    if someone can tell me how i can help..i’d be obliged no end…
    thanks…
    keep up the good work Unicef and its workers…
    awareness is the first step towards Change…
    God bless

4. Crystal
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

It’s great to know that celebrities like Lucy Liu are helping UNICEF on missions to spread the word and get help for people around the world.

5. Renee Basile
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 5:09 pm | Permalink

I would like to work as a volunteer with UNICEF. How do I do that? I have worked in Ethiopia before and know this problem is real. I want to help physically, on -site! This is how I think I can contribute to the water problem in th world. I will go anywhere where I can help. I speak several languages.. I am a teacher by profession

6. ervinna
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 6:20 pm | Permalink

i would like to help.

7. inoke Samisoni
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 8:00 pm | Permalink

I thank Lucy Liu for doing a great job. I know this is not the first time for her to be doing this. Thank you again Lucy!

8. Betty Young
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

This video absolutely broke my heart. I was married to a man from the Ivory Coast, and I went there with him to visit in 1996. Things weren’t great there even then, compared to what I was used to in the US. However, there was a degree of political stability, and most of the people I met were living fairly well. The people were absolutely wonderful, so kind and generous. At that time, the Ivory Coast was considered one of the more progressive countries in that area. To see such a dramatic change in the condition of the country and the terrible difficulties the people are now having is just devastating to me. We take so much for granted here, it’s shameful. Such a basic and life-sustaining commodity as water, imagine how we would react if we didn’t have access to clean water. What UNICEF is doing with this water project is AWESOME! I hope that everyone who sees this video will consider making a donation to the project.

9. David E. Gomez
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 9:02 pm | Permalink

May the Lord Our God Continue to Richly Bless everyone who helps Donate to this most worthy cause…Happy Easter Everyone !!

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians” 4:13

Sincerely,…Christ’ Soldier.

10. upendra k menon
    Posted March 21, 2008 at 9:25 pm | Permalink

It takes me back to the memory line when working for an NGO -GIANTS INTERNATIONAL- we could arrange borewell water to Thakurwadi village nearby Mumbai-1987.
    They had to walk 1kilometre to cllect drops of water for their daily use.It was a great sight to see children having belly full of water.

Afterwards -The moment of satisfaction – mentioned in my biodata -to see the adiwasi child smile with satisfaction after having bellyful of water from the borewell installed at Thakurwadi village behind Mukund Iron Kalwa Thane.

Lucy Liue points out to a reality what every one of us has to support.Some are born strong so that they can help the weak.
    At least forward the message to your friends

menon upendra

11. Niranjan Wijesinghe
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 2:38 am | Permalink

Dear Sir

I would like to receive all information about what you wish to send me

12. Nadia
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 2:54 am | Permalink

Thanks for sending me this video,It’s very powerful!

I’m running for Lane County commissioner seat in Eugene, Oregon..

I’ll keep this issue in my agenda..

13. Trevor
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 2:57 am | Permalink

Really think Lucy is doing what a real woman in her position shopuld do. I am donating $. as she supports a good thing.
    thank you Lucy for being a great person.
    Trevor

14. ada capellan
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 7:37 am | Permalink

I am very willing to help this proyect, where to go to be a part of it?. We all need to start looking beyond our own backyard and help our fellow humans, thanks for bringing awareness to this terribly problem around the world.

15. seth camm
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 8:39 am | Permalink

really moving, ….made me appreciate where I live even more… thanks for bringing awareness

16. Alicia
    Posted March 22, 2008 at 2:12 pm | Permalink

Gracias from the bottom of my heart for doing this video. It is deeply moving and earth shattering. I will support the Tap Project.

17. Yoo,hee-seok
    Posted March 25, 2008 at 2:09 am | Permalink

She did well.
    It’s very tough situation.
    My mother land-Korea(Republic)also
    endure that situation.
    The poor,the beggar,and the hunger children
    give me love and take my …
    Good luck to you for all Unicef staffs and supporters.
    Corrdially, I write my feeling.

18. Godwin Fiavor
    Posted April 1, 2008 at 10:10 am | Permalink

hi and am happy to bepart of this program. i always wish to work with UNICEF to set up a Radio and TV Station for YOuth and Children in Ghana.

19. Lourdes Domenech
    Posted April 8, 2008 at 12:35 pm | Permalink

Thank you Lucy Liu and UNICEF for the work your doing. I will pass it on to others. Count on my support to the Tap Project.

20. Sreeraj Acharaya
    Posted April 11, 2008 at 5:55 am | Permalink

Your vidio clip is really heart rendering since it really captured the reality that millions are suffering because of the lack of safe access to water across the glob.I will pass this to others.My whole hearted support to the Tap Project