Tyler Armstrong is on the Special Events team at the U.S. Fund for UNICEF
Last Sunday night, a new special event called The UNICEF Experience took place in Atlanta’s Lenox Square Luxury Wing, and it raised over half a million dollars!
HGTV’s Vern Yip, UNICEF Ambassador, and John Terracino co-chaired this event with the help of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF Southeast Regional Board and an outstanding event committee. Notable guest attendees included CNN’s Sanjay Gupta, Tennessee Titans linebacker Rennie Curran, and many prominent Atlanta philanthropists and business leaders.
The event was truly unique, because it contained interactive installations that provided donors and prospective donors with an amazing overview of UNICEF’s and the U.S. Fund for UNICEF’s work.
|Tim Wilkerson for the U.S. Fund for UNICEF.|
|Guests provide safe water for children by donating tokens to the wishing well.|
- carrying water buckets as heavy as those carried by women fetching water in the developing world;
- dropping $10 tokens in a “wishing well” that would supply water pumps to countries most in need of safe water;
- taking photos at the smilebooth;
- reading personal stories about the lives that have been impacted by UNICEF’s work;
- shopping for lifesaving Inspired Gifts including First Aid Kits and Protein Biscuits;
- and writing messages of hope for the world’s children on a chalkboard.
The UNICEF Experience, including the “wishing well,” will remain on display to the public at Atlanta’s Lenox Square through May 31.
Shoppers can continue to text the word WATER to 864233 to donate $10, which can give 400 children water for a day.
If you were unable to attend the event, but would still like to support The UNICEF Experience, click here to make a donation.
Thanks to everyone for their support of this fun event!!