Thank You for Supporting the UNICEF Tap Project
It was a huge success: more than 2.5 million people stayed away from their phones for nearly 250 million minutes.
As this year’s UNICEF Tap Project comes to a close, we would like to thank everyone who participated, supported and sponsored the campaign — you made it happen!
The UNICEF Tap Project proposed a simple challenge: how long could you go without your phone to help provide clean water to kids in need? Here was the response:
- People participated in the UNICEF Tap Project more than 4.3 million times
- People stayed off their phones for nearly 250 million minutes
- More than 16,500 people signed up to volunteer
- The campaign generated more than 1,500 advocacy actions, such as supporting the Water for the World Act
Thanks to all of you who put down your phones to help children in need. Your participation and donations will support UNICEF programs on water, sanitation and hygiene.
We’d also like to give special thanks to our dedicated volunteers who helped spread the word, host fundraisers and organize events around this important issue.
Finally, we’d like to thank our generous sponsors:
- Giorgio Armani Fragrances joined the UNICEF Tap Project as National Sponsor for the fifth year through its Acqua for Life campaign. For every ten minutes spent on the UNICEF Tap Project mobile web app, Armani donated the funding equivalent of one day of clean water for a child in need.* In addition, the company donated $5 for each Acqua di Giò and Acqua di Gioia fragrance purchased in the United States during the month of March to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF. We can’t thank them enough for their commitment to the world’s children.
- We’re also grateful to our Foundation Agency Partner Droga5 and National Media Sponsor MediaVest. Since 2008, MediaVest has been a proud supporter of the UNICEF Tap Project. Mediavest produced a national pro bono media campaign to build awareness throughout the month of March.
- And finally, we’d like to thank UNICEF’s Next Generation, a group of young professionals committed to doing whatever it takes to save children’s lives. NextGen played an integral role in supporting the campaign during its hugely successful beta release in February.
The campaign may be over, but you can still help:
* The amount of funding unlocked is subject to the pledged limits from our generous donors and sponsors. See tap.unicefusa.org/legal for more information.