The outpouring of support that we’ve received is tremendous. Many have been asking about other ways to help support UNICEFs relief efforts in Haiti, so here’s some information:
If you’re in New York City, join us in honoring U.N. workers and thousands of other victims from the earthquake that struck Haiti this week, during a candlelight vigil taking place today, January 15. Click here to view the event on Facebook. For those of you not able to attend, join us in spirit:
Light a virtual candle on Facebook for the victims in Haiti. $5 proceeds go to UNICEF and the relief efforts in Haiti
- Donate: This is by far the best way to help support our efforts.100% of your donation will go to fund relief efforts in Haiti. Visit unicefusa.org/haitiquake to donate today! No amount is too small.
- Mobile Giving: Text GIVE to UNICEF to make a $5 donation. Visit unicefusa.org/mobile for more information.
- Spread the word: Join our online community on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Share our updates and videos with everyone in your network and ask them to join you in supporting UNICEF’s relief efforts in Haiti.
- Dedicate your status on Facebook to UNICEF. Copy and paste this message into your profile: Support UNICEF USA and their relief efforts in Haiti. Visit http://bit.ly/6gp6AP to donate now!
- On Twitter, tweet the following to show your support: Help Haiti! Support @unicefusa donate now http://bit.ly/6gp6AP
- Create a personal online donation page and invite friends and family to help you raise funds. Part of a school, group or company? Create a team page and share your page with everyone in your network to collect donations. www.unicefusa.org/ert
- Stay informed: Sign up for our emails and receive up to date information on our efforts to support the people of Haiti.
- Add our banner to your personal or company website or blog.
- Join our Cause on Facebook.
- Matching Gifts: To find out if your company or employer will match your donation, visit www.matchinggift.com/unicefusa
UNICEF is there before, after and during an emergency to provide aid, especially to the most vulnerable victims
With holiday season gearing up, U.S. Fund for UNICEF corporate partners are offering a varied range of gifts that give back.
Want to give a present that also makes a difference for children? From bracelets to luxury goods and accessories, writing instruments to soft toys, several corporations have created dedicated items that will help UNICEF. Gucci, IKEA, Montblanc and Cartier have joined this year in support of UNICEF’s mission, and will make a donation for each purchase of dedicated items this holiday season to support UNICEF’s lifesaving programs. Click here for details of each company’s offer.
This holiday season, there is LOTS going on at IKEA stores to support UNICEF!
For the 5th year, IKEA will hold its annual soft toy promotion. The campaign has raised $16 million for UNICEF and has benefited 7.6 million children so far!
For each soft toy sold at stores around the world between November 1st and December 24th, IKEA will make a donation of 1 Euro (approximately $1.47) to be split between the U.S. Fund for UNICEF and Save the Children. The 2009 campaign will support UNICEF’s “Schools for Africa” program and will help provide vital education programs for children in Niger, Burkina Faso, Madagascar, Mali, Ethiopia and South Africa.
There’s a fun new way to participate in the campaign this year. Everyone is invited to join IKEA soft toys in an attempt to create the world’s biggest choir! You can record your own singing with just a few simple clicks and can select which soft toy character you want to be, and make it dance, all by going to IKEA.com/softtoysaid.
It’s Gucci/UNICEF time again